I am an orthopaedic surgeon in Chennai, India. My interests are joint replacements. My independent private practice is known as MJRC clinic. It is located in Chennai, India.
I acquired my Masters degree ( MS Orth) & DNB in Orthopedic surgery from the Central institute of orthopaedics, Safdarjang hospital, New Delhi. Soon after post graduation, my interest in joint replacements lead me to the UK. In the UK, I gained extensive training in primary and revision joint replacement. I acquired further qualifications like the FRCS and M.Ch Orth, Liverpool.
In the UK, I trained under joint replacement surgeons in Liverpool, Northwest England, Scotland and Addenbrooke’s hospital. I got a sound exposure in all aspects of knee replacements like primary knee replacement, revision surgery, ACL reconstruction and Cartilage regeneration.
Later, I have visited centers of excellence in Australia, Belgium and Dubai as an observer to further my experience. I hold permanent registration with the GMC, UK. I have been working as a consultant in private practice in India for the last fifteen years. I was an associate professor of Orthopaedic surgery at the Chettinad medical college, Tamil nadu, India.
My interests are arthroplasty, arthroscopic surgery, stem cell treatments of bone and cartilage. I have introduced several new implants and techniques to the region like Oxinium knee, Gender specific knee, Visionaire, I Assist smart tool, Verilast knee, Cartilage regeneration among others.
I performed simultaneous bilateral knee replacements in the UK in 1995 and in India in 2007. I have published the one year result of Chennai’s first Autologous chondrocyte implantation recently. I strive to improve my knowledge and skills continually.
My articles have been published in local newspapers. I contribute articles to several news, papers, journals and magazines.
- Twelve publications in international journals.
- Two dissertations.
- Twenty instructional courses in UK.
- Cadaveric course on Hip resurfacing and minimal invasive knee replacement in India.
- Cadaveric course on cartilage repair, ACL & PCL reconstruction, meniscal repair, High tibial osteotomy and meniscal transplant
- Guest lectures in India and abroad
- International medical tourism Expo in London 2006.
- Indian Medical tourism destination 2009, Toronto, Canada
- World medical tourism conference USA in 2009 & 2010.
- Arab health conference-Dubai, January 2009.
You can view patient testimonials here.
To book your appointment with me, e mail email@example.com