FRCS (UK), M.Ch Orth (UK), DNB Orth, MS Orth
I am a Joint replacement surgery specialist in Chennai, India.
My advanced training, focused approach and continuing education
ensure high standards and quality of care for my patients
Durable implants and smart tools extend the life of a knee replacement
in young patients. Several young patients have got a
new lease of mobility.
A minimal invasive and full bending Knee replacement offers considerable
advantages over conventional methods. As a result of increased
mobility, patients are able to enjoy activities which require kneeling
and sitting cross legged.
The goal of these procedures is to allow patients to enjoy the use of
their natural knee by several years, postpone a knee replacement and
avoid a revision surgery.
A revision surgery is required when your primary hip and knee replacement
has failed. Joint replacements fail due to several reasons.
My goal is to restore your mobilty and flexiblity. I have performed knee replacement surgery in complicated cases like obesity, renal failure, fused knees, difficult cases and failed procedures done elsewhere.
Knee surgery India choices – Total knee replacement is the permanent solution for those with advanced damage. In young patients with lesser damage, I offer Cartilage repair and joint preservation. These procedures have the potential to cure early damage. I assess your eligibility for these procedures by clinical exam and advanced investigations in Chennai. To get an appointment, contact us. I offer all these knee procedures.
I only use those implants which have a good standing in joint registries and are backed by evidence. I routinely use high flex knee replacement. If you are a woman, the Gender specific knee replacement will feel more comfortable. If wear is limited to one part of the knee alone, a partial knee replacement is the answer. If you need a knee replacement in young age, durable knees are available. I was the first to introduce durable Oxinium implants in this region. See the video testimonial of the first recepient here. I introduced the Journey, Visionaire and Verilast CR knees in Chennai.
1. Regenerative medicine procedures using stem cells are possible after personal evaluation by me in Chennai. Listen to a patient story for Knee Cartilage Repair in India.
2. An Osteotomy can relieve pain in suitable patients with unicompartmental arthritis.
3. Arthroscopic procedures like Meniscal repair, implant, replacement, cartilage repair, ligament repair preserve your natural knee and delay need for replacement.
Technological advances -
1. I use the I Assist smart tool to get perfect alignment in total knee replacement. Smart tools enable me to align implants accurately in complicated cases and young patients. There is a correlation between perfect alignment and survival of implants. I was the first surgeon to use the I Assist smart tool with the Gender specific and Verilast knees.
2. I use a minimally invasive approach in selected cases.
3. When your primary replacement has failed, I offer revision surgery. Listen to a patient story here.
Anesthesia and pain relief - The single factor preventing patients from seeking surgery is fear of pain. Our pain relief protocol minmizes post operative pain and allows early discharge. Listen to a patient story here. My patients have very little post op pain, eat normally, walk soon and go home by the fifth day.
Support services - The hospitals have accommodation to suit all pockets. Services of all specialists are available round the clock. You begin the evaluation by consulting specialists who are going to be involved in your care. Microbiology support is available while dealing with infected joints. I work with an independent radiologist interested in musculo skeletal radiology. My dedicated physical therapist will help you regain full function with the latest protocol.
Let us relieve pain, restore mobility and flexibility. Now! Contact us to schedule your appointment.
Smart tools like I-Assist and PSI are of great value in difficult cases and young patients.
The High flex knee ( High Flexion Knee) is a boon to patients seeking increased function after a TKR.
Patients with symptomatic partial knee arthritis may benefit from a partial knee replacement.
Revision means that the previous implant has failed and replaced with another new one.
Watch real knee operations and learn about our techniques.
A high tibial osteotomy is a joint preservation procedure that will extend the use of your own knee by several years.