Orthopedic surgeon, Joint replacement, Hip, Knee & shoulder, key hole surgery
Dr.A.K.Venkatachalam FRCS Glasgow (UK), M.Ch Orth Liverpool (UK), DNB Orth, MS Orth ( Delhi) (UK Trained)
|Degrees & Diplomas||University / Institutions|
|MBBS||University of Madras (February, 1984)|
|DNB Orth||Diplomate of National Board (Orthopaedics), National Board of Examinations (1991)|
|MS Orth||University of Delhi (1992)|
|FRCS||Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow (1994)|
|M.Ch Orth||University of Liverpool (1995)|
Dr.A.K.Venkatachalam is an Indian & UK trained orthopedic surgeon.
- He is experienced in joint replacement & arthroscopic surgery.
- He is Indian & UK board certified.
- He is registered with the MCI and GMC, London, UK.
- He is a life member of the Indian Orthopedic association and Madras Orthopedic society.
- Member of International cartilage research society since 2014.
- He has worked in India, UK, Dubai and Oman. He has been in independent private practice in Chennai since 1997 interspersed with a period of work in Oman and Dubai for nearly one and half years.
He has introduced several technological advances, implants, devices and techniques in this region. These are
- Full bending knee replacement
- Gender specific knee.
- Oxinium knee.
- Journey knee.
- Visionaire PSI knee .
- I Assist.
- Verilast Knee.
- Autologous Chondrocyte implantation.
- BMC/BMAC treatment of knee, shoulder, hip and ankle.
Conferences- Guest speaker in Abu Dhabi. Papers presented at Indian Orthopaedic association annual meeting 2012.
Teaching experience- Associate professor in orthopedic surgery at Chettinad medical college.
Research-R & D for IMEL (now TTK pharma), an orthopedic implant company 2005.
Specialties: Primary Knee replacement| Revision knee replacement | ACL reconstruction | High tibial osteotomy | Autologous chondrocyte implantation | Cartilage regeneraton with stem cells and scaffolds| Meniscal repair | Meniscal replacement| Meniscal transplant | MPFL reconstruction | Tibial tubercle osteotomy |